Monday, July 14, 2014

Temple

E-mail from June 2, 2014

Drum roll please!

As of tomorrow, this Sister Missionary will have been to the Chicago Temple for the first time ever! Yep! I get to go to the temple for the first time in over 6 months! Oi, has it felt like it's been forever! And on top of that, I found a family name to take with me!

If it's been a while since you've been to the temple, go! Do what you need to whether it's getting worthy, getting a recommend or finding a name and just go!

This week we found a family to teach! It may be a slow process, but there is so much potential. The family is already well familiar with the church and the oldest daughter is planning on going to Girl's Camp, so that should be a blast! I wish I could go with her haha!

Right now we're teaching an older man that comes from a Roman Catholic background. He had met with elders before and really liked them, although he couldn't remember anything that they taught him. We were walking down the street a couple weeks back and we actually passed by him, but we really felt like we needed to go back so we did. It was awkward, but we went for it and now we're meeting with him for the third or fourth time. He's reading the Book of Mormon and praying to know if what we're sharing is true. He's struggling to recognize answers from the Lord, but he's determined to find them. I love this guy!

We've been busy this week, just as in weeks past, but honestly I don't have a ton more to share other than I've discovered two foods that I dislike in the extreme. The first I discovered in Terre Haute, that being Pizza. Especially Papa Johns. Yuck. >:( The other: Bratwursts. I've had them twice in Mishawaka thus far and I'm already done with them. I'll eat them, don't get me wrong. Somehow as a missionary you just manage to eat whatever they put in front of you without saying anything, but that doesn't mean we like it!

Sorry for the rant. Honestly, those two things are the only really bad parts of missionary life. The rest of it is totally bomb! Even when it's hard (which it is most of the time) it's so rewarding so it completely makes up for all of the not so fun things.

Please pray for the missionaries! I can tell you right now we've had incredible success in our mission over the last week! We increased our total number of lessons so much that we've broken our own record two weeks in a row. Keep praying that things just keep going up from here.

I love you all!

Sister Ruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment