Monday, October 13, 2014

Fishers

Well, I got transferred to Fishers which is a lot of fun, but has been a very dead area for a very long time. BUT that's why me and my companion are here. We've decided we are going to light a match under the members here and get them excited about the gospel. Fishers is a very well-off area and the members are very complacent and comfortable with how things are. They aren't looking for changes and that just doesn't cut it for missionary work. My companion, Sister Place is awesome! Very sarcastic and a Star Wars nut, so we get along very well. Between both of us, we are overflowing with sass and drive to get this place back on its feet. It's going to take quite the effort, but no one promised missionary work would be easy, right?
 
I don't know if I'll be able to get to Nora's baptism this week, but we are trying to find a member. Either way, it's going to happen! Nora is getting baptized!!! She is so amazing and so strong. Unfortunately she's been going through a hard time because her parents seemed supportive at first and now they have pretty much turned against her. Nothing we didn't expect, but still really disappointing and hard on her. She's still being strong, though from what I've heard and I think she will still follow through. She knows this is true and where she needs to be. No matter what, Heavenly Father will help her do  what she needs to.
Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week. I love you tons!
Sister Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment